Friday, February 20, 2009

i have an afternoon today

I live in some mellow sort of city where lights are very yellow against hazy clouds. There are two mountains diagonally from one another with tips covered in snow, ice, and sleet. Below those two mountains lie the Willamette River with bridges so glorious and long you would never know when you made it to the other side because sometimes you're following the scenery instead. Traveling on that bridge is a young lady with blue eyes and a scratchy throat, that young lady is I. Sick again in the midst of an afternoon traveling across the Willamette River on a bridge, two mountains so white to look up at, and this rigid feeling inside of my chest. I am coughing up the everyday and breathing in the ocean. You'd think by now my insides would be worn out, however I still have time to spare. Sleeping a twelve hour night and swallowing pills that don't seem to be working. For now I will press my face to the cold glass with rain hitting the outside. The window shivering like myself and the world just eating me up for the eighteenth time, but at least it's a new part of the world to taste.

No comments: