Thursday, December 15, 2011

regret.guilt.remorse.

{YOU}

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
The days get longer and I become even more restless than I was two years ago. You'd think by now I'd be flying and singing and swimming seas, but the tide of guilt washes over me instead. each day bringing me something good to take in, but my restless heart still attempting comfort from decisions, heartbreak, naivety that I made happen years ago.
I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

But no matter how many times I say it or dream about forgiveness in my sleep, I still want to tell you I'm sorry.
Because if it's any solace nowadays my heart is more broken than it was then. You've got this lingering about you, it's been wrapped inside of me for so many years. My mental health and broken spirit needs mending, terribly, terribly soon.


Will I ever get over this? Will it always linger behind my eyelids and in the crevices of my bones?





{ DON'T EVEN KNOW }

No comments: